CKA Clan
all canadian clan & gaming community. canadian battlefield clan, canadian call of duty clan, bf3, bf4

Forums

-> Public Game Forums -> PC Gaming -> SQUAD

You are missing out! Many features are stripped out for guests. Register and login.

SQUAD

Goto page 1 2  Next
| | Print
 Share  Share on Facebook
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Canadaka

Founder
 SQUAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEBqUSWqyR4

http://steamed.kotaku.com/a-hardcore-shooter-from-the-makers-of-one-of-battlefiel-1695993653/+nathangrayson

"Squad is a 100-player military shooter from a melting pot of people who worked on Project Reality, a popular Battlefield 2 mod that made the game significantly more realistic. Without getting too long-winded about it, I will say Project Reality is the most fun I've ever had lying in a ditch wetting myself at the prospect of an artillery barrage for 45 minutes. It requires hella tactical planning and isn't always fast-paced, but it's provided me with some experiences no other game has. Think a midpoint between Battlefield's sometimes over-the-top ridiculousness and Arma's "sir, yes sir!" devotion to even the creaky dregs, the ugliest latrines of the battlefield, and you're on the right track.

So Squad. It's Project Reality, but a) standalone, b) developed from the ground up as its own thing, and c) really dang pretty. Here's what the dev team is going for:"

Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:56 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger        
Pyra_cantha

One really big thing with it though is it's steam green light...

Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:24 pm
420CanadianBacon

I gave in and pre-ordered it haha I've been playing A LOT of project reality lately and when I found this I was sold. Only $30 and you get two game keys so it's not that bad of a deal. Once it's out of Closed Alpha and into Early access I'll be able to play it haha.

Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:48 am
Sosowac

Level-cap plays it and has a fairly positive stance on it. I'd buy it if enough of you guys were into it, I miss playing a good FPS with my homeboys.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:17 am
420CanadianBacon

Yeah I've been watching a lot of gameplay videos of it, and talking to a lot of guys on PR that have been playing the pre-alpha and they're loving it so far. I've been getting a lot of good feedback regarding SQUAD, that it's so far just like Project reality, but with much more potential than PR and the ability to be way better.

I've seen some of the concepts for IFVs and LAVs and such, the HMMWV being added in during the pre-alpha phase and working out the kinks with one vehicle at a time is also a pretty good plan. Then you can tweak the bullet damage, drop calculations etc etc before you add in another vehicle. The techie for insurgents will probably be the next vehicle added in as a counter to the HMMWV, then the APCs and MBTs, Logistics vehicles, transports etc etc until they finally add in air vehicles to finalize the equation and make it a fuller gameplay experience.

Another thing I like about it so far in it's Pre-alpha to Closed alpha stage, is that it is smaller infantry vs infantry matches on a generalized map that features actually quite a bit of the stuff that made PR maps so exciting to play on. The weapon action is fantastic at this point, the RDS that I seen Blue_Drake42 using looked crisp and the fact that they're using UE4 is also an added bonus because it really allows them to push the engine to it's limits based on how large the maps can and will be, and the amount of people playing on each map.

All-in-all the game seems like it's going to be very well made, and like the dev team is dedicated to making it the best experience for players to enjoy for years to come just as people did and still do with Project Reality. The fact that it is part of the dev team for PR that is making it, although the circumstances were due to differences within the dev team that caused them to split in the first place seems like it might bring the excitement and emotional impact that PR has to SQUAD. From what I have seen so far, they hit the nail right on the head.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:49 pm
Athons

I have been keeping an eye on this game as well.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:27 am
420CanadianBacon

I'm not sure who all got the Squad Leader package myself, BUT, if anyone has I'll be joining in on the Closed Alpha action on September 26th, and if nobody has gotten it, I'll probably have videos and screenshots to share of my own experience aside from those who already have gameplay videos on youtube and screenshots and what not.

Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:32 am
Sosowac

I'll probably pick it up.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:51 am
Sosowac

Wait, how does one buy a greenlight game?

Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:20 pm
420CanadianBacon

you gotta go to the games website, and hit pre-purchase, and if you get the $70 squad leader copy, you get a key next Saturday that allows you to play in the Closed-Alpha, or you can get the $30 Rifleman edition and play when it hits Early Access probably around November/December.

EDIT - Here's the link to their website. SQUAD

Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:23 pm
Sosowac

hmm.. I might do Rilflemen. Let us know what your thoughts are once you're in Closed Alpha, Bacon.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:21 pm
420CanadianBacon

I definitely will. Next weekend when I get my hands on the game, I'll be making videos, as long as they don't randomly implement an NDA which I don't think they would, and grabbing some screenshots when I'm not recording unless something cool comes up lol.

I'll probably post the links to videos in this thread instead of making a new one. Gonna give my opinion of (a) pro(s) or con(s) I notice at the end of each video, depending on how many good things I enjoyed, or things I found to be annoying.

Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:24 pm
Sosowac

cool looking forward to it

Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:16 pm
PunkoSr

The Division or Wildland looks better, not to mention but doesn't ARMA3 already give us this?

Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:55 am
420CanadianBacon

ARMA3 does, but in a relatively different way. SQUAD is pretty much everything PR was, but in its own engine, in this case UE4, instead of the rather limited Refractor 2 engine.

Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:12 pm
Forum Rules: