CKA Clan
all canadian clan & gaming community. canadian battlefield clan, canadian call of duty clan, bf3, bf4

Forums

-> Public Clan Forums -> CKA Servers -> NEW =CKA= Battlefield Servers

You are missing out! Many features are stripped out for guests. Register and login.

NEW =CKA= Battlefield Servers

| | Print
 Share  Share on Facebook
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Canadaka

Founder
 NEW =CKA= Battlefield Servers

Because pubbing in both BF2 & BF2142 has been so slow this summer we have decided to drop our dedicated server with Hypernia for the time being. But we are not without servers! I was originally just going to get 2 match servers, but after talking with Branzone for some time we are able to get 4 servers for the price of 2 basically. We will have 2 ranked servers and 2 unranked. If we want to run an unranked for a match all we have to do is turn off the ranked. The ranked/unranked will be separate servers but the same ip. This also allows us to have FTP access to the unranked servers to install mods. The ranked servers also have all expansion packs installed.

Here is the new server info:

Battlefield 2142
IP: 208.100.45.197
Port: 17567
BF2142CC: http://www.branzone.com/downloads/2142cc_Client.zip
Daemon Port: 4712

Battlefield 2
IP: 208.100.45.198
Port: 16567
BF2CC: http://www.branzone.com/downloads/BF2CC_Client.zip
Daemon Port: 4712

Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:24 pm
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger        
abwa269

do the servers have voip? that is one thing that was missing from the last server, it is handy to get in touch with other players that are not on our TS.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:26 am
TheAmega

XO

What's the damage? How much better is it from the $150 USD we payed before?
Oh, and what version of 2142cc are we using now?

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:24 am
Canadaka

Founder

Our other servers did have VOIP, but it just hardly worked. It was working this last weekend. I didn't order VOIP with these new servers, but if people want it, I can. It's an extra $10 a month per server though.

2142cc download link above is version 2.1.2628 I think.

Its costing like $64 USD right now, but i got 10% discount on that for the first month. So it's a fair bit cheaper. So we can add VOIP and maybe increase the amount of slots if we need to.

I'm still working on Teamspeak, I have to get my datacenter to open the TS ports. They're super security cautious.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:29 am
Ryder

Veteran (CFCWO)

lol $10 per month? BF2 comes with a VoipServer exe I could host it.

Here, it's all set up. In BF2CC, go to VOIP, check "External VOIP Server" and type this in:

There I saved you $10 =P

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:46 pm
Canadaka

Founder

thats all fine... but where is this hosted? if its on a home internet connection it will be laggy and won't be able to handle many users.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:35 pm
Ryder

Veteran (CFCWO)

Well if it saved me $10... damn, living with my granny made me a thrifty bastard... Yeah it is on a home connection, but I've never really experienced/noticed lag on any VOIP server.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:26 am
Canadaka

Founder

heh, well this is because they are hosted on servers at datacenters that have lots of bandwidth.

I could probably host one from my home connection because i have Fibre 10Mbit Upload. But most Cable or DSL home internet have 200k upload or something like that.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:22 am
abwa269

I say try it, it would be nice to have voip in the game to communicate with people that are not on TS

Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:38 am
Ryder

Veteran (CFCWO)

heh bandwidth. If I max out my monthly bandwidth all they are gonna do is send me a cute little letter. And I can only download 160k tops because I haven't been able to figure out how to mod my modem to fix the caps. Oh well, use it or not, because I use it for my =CKA= Sandbox (0.5d) server so it will be up most of the time anyway.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:06 am
Lord3D

XO

Now that's a shitty connection.
I have a 10 mbit downpipre and about 200k up unlimited bandwith.

Just come knock on my door if you guys want me to set it up.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:18 am
Ryder

Veteran (CFCWO)

It's the lovely result of an American take-over of a formerly Canadian-owned business (BCTell) -> (TelUS)

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:31 pm
Forum Rules:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1

Last Thread | Next Thread >

Canadian Gaming Forums topic RSS feed
CKA Network Canadian News | Canadian Forums | Canadian Clothing | Canadian Hotties | Blogging Canadians
Copyright 2007 contact

[ Script generation time: 0.0534s (PHP: 76% - SQL: 24%) ] - [ SQL queries: 41 ]