CKA Clan
all canadian clan & gaming community. canadian battlefield clan, canadian call of duty clan, bf3, bf4

Forums

-> Public Game Forums -> Computing & Technology -> New Gaming Monitor

You are missing out! Many features are stripped out for guests. Register and login.

New Gaming Monitor

Goto page Previous  1 2
| | Print
 Share  Share on Facebook
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
PhantomTollbooth

I have the PG278Q with a GTX980. I ordered the monitor as soon as it was available from NCIX and got it with their first batch of shipments and I love it to this day. You would really want to look into some benchmarks for your card to see where the frame rates comes in at for the games you play if you were to go 1440p, anything above 30 is generally playable below 30 G-Sync is still active but it will display the same frame through multiple refreshes. Anti-Aliasing becomes less of an issue to that helps somewhat with the frame-rate hit from 1080p.

Personally I will never buy another monitor without adaptive sync of some sort. Most of my time lately has been on CS:GO but pushing 300-500FPS so obviously G-Sync is useless here. I often play newer titles (GTAV, MGS5, Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Unity) and this is where G-Sync really shines. With my settings in GTAV I generally run around 40-80FPS and it's amazingly smooth. I've always hated V-Sync and I hate screen tearing even more so it was a no brainer for me.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:35 pm
Nezakhan

PG279Q. 27" 4ms IPS 2560x1440 144hz (165hz w/g-sync)
https://www.asus.com/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/
I'm holding out. Said to arrive first week of November.
Black Friday/Cyber Monday just around the corner.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:36 am
Canadaka

Founder

Nezakhan wrote:

It's $1,200 though... considerably more than the Acer which actually has better reviews (compared to the previous ROG model).

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:53 am
  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger        
Sosowac

Yea, the PG279Q = same panel as Acer XB270HU. And I don't think a brand new premium monitor would be seeing a discount anytime soon, black Friday or not.

Canada - Have you considered upgrading your video card? A single GTX 670 with only 2GB of vram would be pretty hard pressed to push 1440p. I have two GTX 670 FTW Edition in SLI, and they often struggled pushing decent frame rates (50+) on newer games. I definitely want to go back to 1440p but not until I get a new graphics card, likely next summer / fall.

The Radeon 390X would be a good purchase at the moment.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:27 pm
Nezakhan

Canadaka wrote:
Nezakhan wrote:

It's $1,200 though... considerably more than the Acer which actually has better reviews (compared to the previous ROG model).

Hallmark never said it any better! Twisted Evil

Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:12 pm
Highwaym4n

Something else to consider - Oculus Rift is coming, would it replace you monitor for gaming? I know not everything will be full immersion, but a projection of a virtual flatscreen is my understanding for those games that wont.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:54 pm
Rocketninja16

Don't know what you decided to do with all of this but I was at Canada Computers a few days ago and got to try out the new Asus G sync monitor and I could tell the difference immediately.

The only game they had installed was Grid 2, that game has "panning" menus before you get into a race, and even just the camera panning in the garage while looking at different options is noticeably better.

The racing itself was for sure smooth as hell. I can only imagine how much more of an impact G-sync would have on busier games like BF.

The only catch though was the price, for that particular monitor it was around $950 so, all depends on what you're willing to swallow I guess.

Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:31 am
Forum Rules: