Goldeneye Hitting Live Arcade This Year!

discuss consoles and console games
Canadaka
Founder
Founder

Goldeneye Hitting Live Arcade This Year!

Post by Canadaka » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:17 pm

According to Xbox Evolved and some "very reliable sources," it seems that Microsoft, Rareware, MGM Studios and Activision are teaming up to deliver the N64 classic, Goldeneye 007, to Xbox Live Arcade. This comes as fantastic news to just about all 360 owners, especially considering the massive following the game acquired back in the '90s.

It won't be a direct port with no changes, either; this new iteration on the Arcade will boast updated graphics plus an all new Live-related multiplayer mode. To top it all off, it seems that Rareware might be planning to release even more games from their impressive repertoire to the Live Marketplace. This would include titles like Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day; all of which are considered classics and must-haves in the eyes of 64-bit gamers. But above all else sits Goldeneye 007, which will make for a perfect addition to the Live Arcade. Heck, this game helped to begin the console multiplayer revolution!

We don't have a release date just yet, but expect to see Goldeneye hit the Marketplace before the end of the year. We'll bring you the release and pricing details as soon as they become available.
Fuck yah i'm going to play that. I used to play goldeneye on N64 a lot.
frostsbyte
I live here
I live here

Post by frostsbyte » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:51 am

Oh man People are going to play this MAASSSIIIVVEEEELLLLYYYY
Forget halo 3, GoldenEye baby! Whoohooo!
This game would be on my top 10 FPS of all time
SilentSAM
I like posting
I like posting

Post by SilentSAM » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:53 am

Oh my god! Man half my University Life was spent playing this game. Golden Gun was awesome!
BuLLeT
Uber-poster
Uber-poster

Post by BuLLeT » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:35 pm

Never played it before. But, since I got a 360, and Xbox Live, I will give it a try when it comes out.
IndoAssassin
Uber-poster
Uber-poster

Post by IndoAssassin » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:36 am

Nintendo has it's stakes in that game also so I doubt that news is real considering it doesn't mention Nintendo in there.
Llama
I like posting
I like posting

Post by Llama » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:12 pm

True, but does Nintendo still have rights?, or have they expired? it all depends on the contract, I guess we'll see, personally I'm not a fan of "very reliable sources", if they are reliable, quote them as who they are...(rant, sorry..)
EdWARden
XO
XO

Post by EdWARden » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:46 am

one of my top 10 FPS of all time as well great game
Ryder
Veteran (CFCWO)
Veteran (CFCWO)

Post by Ryder » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:48 am

Yeah I remember getting pwned my by brother at this game. He cheated and always looked at my screen and said if I looked at his aliens would come get me while I'm sleeping :(