Which Console/System & Why??

discuss consoles and console games

What's THE Console/System one must have??

XBox
No votes
XBox 360
39%
PS2
8%
PS3
31%
Nintendo Wii
22%
Nintendo DS
No votes
Sony PSP
No votes
Gamecube
No votes
Gameboy Advance
No votes

Total votes: 36
TheRiGuy

Post by TheRiGuy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:44 am

Ever since i was about 5 years old and first got my n64 and super mario 64, i have always been a nintendo fan therefore my vote went to the wii and i dont no wat it is about sony but i hate em and not just there games i dont buy anything sony its all over priced and is made as cheap as they can get away with. But XBox i dont mind but to tell the truth i only own 3 games for it (gta3, gta VC and gta SA) and i will admit the wii has no good games exclucive for it right now but the only reason for that is its different and it takes time for developers to get used to it and soon we will see more great games like super mario galaxy and super smash bros. brawl exclucive to the wii.

and sony u can kiss it [but]
abwa269
Uber-poster
Uber-poster

Post by abwa269 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:53 am

I say ti Wii. it is cost effective, and I played it for like an hour (the sampler disc thingy with boxing, baseball, and bowling) and I got such a work out. it is fun and when things start coming out for it it will be fun.
TICKEDOFF
Uber-poster
Uber-poster

Post by TICKEDOFF » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:46 am

I own a 360 so obveously that's my first choice, but I have to admit the Wii is deffinately number one in fun game play, especialy when alcohol is involved. [BB]
TICKEDOFF
Uber-poster
Uber-poster

Post by TICKEDOFF » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:47 am

Oh ya PC's tops......SPOOON!
Goatbeard
XO
XO

Post by Goatbeard » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:34 pm

The Wii cause when you have all your friends over drinking, ya'll can play tennins or bawling.
faintinggoat
Just passing through
Just passing through

Post by faintinggoat » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:01 pm

before my life as a pc (gamer) i played solo console games and i had the most fun in my life with the ps2 though i never played halo, halo2. i now have a 360 and for some reason it doesnt read my rb6 vegas no more. i love my ps2 cause the only problem i had was that it stoped reading disc because of the ammount of dust in it. this is my choice if you have a problem with it go tell it to someone who cares. :evil:
Devastator
I live here
I live here

Post by Devastator » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:41 pm

XBOX 360 for the simple reason and saying..."LETS FINISH THE FIGHT!!!"
Floppy
I like posting
I like posting

Post by Floppy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:04 am

Wow what a differnece 2 years makes. Reviving the thread I gots to defend the PS3. With its core updates over the last 2 years it has become a great system. With its price reduction last christmas I bought the 80 gig system. I have found so much more than I thought after buying it. With it hooked to my home network I can access my windows media player on my pc to watch downloaded tv, movies, listen to music, look at hi-res pictures. With its price about $140 more than a Blu-Ray player I figure I paid $140 for a game system, and $260 for a Blu-ray player.

Great Games : LittleBigPlanet, Burnout Paradise, HAWX

Did anyone get shafted buying the HD-DVD player box for the XboX?
GHAZI_SAVASH
Insomniac poster
Insomniac poster

Post by GHAZI_SAVASH » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:19 pm

I played LittleBigPlanet @ my friends place :) it was wicked :) so much fun I wish I had games like that when I was a child :)
frostsbyte
I live here
I live here

Post by frostsbyte » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:25 am

LBP is really cool, the user created levels are sick, their is some levels almost as good as the game levels.

And strangely enough, 1-4 players is as good 1 or 4
And once they came out with the paintanator then things got even more fun.
IndoAssassin
Uber-poster
Uber-poster

Post by IndoAssassin » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:57 pm

IMO the PS3 and PC is the best combo. All 360 exclusives eventually come to the PC and because they are shooters, I prefer to play them on the PC. The PS3 has a more diversed exclusive list than the 360 especially coming up in the future. But it just comes down to what you prefer.
Fang_x
Insomniac poster
Insomniac poster

Post by Fang_x » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:55 pm

i went with xbox mostly because i was a halo fan, i played both halo's on pc tho, and when halo 3 was coming out it was a reason to buy the 360, that and the First release for gta IV was on 360 aswell. these two factors made me buy it.

nintendo has really let me down since i started to explore what the alternatives are, there more oriented for kids. back in the day nintendo was good because it was one of the only good systems.

But for me nintendo hasent come up with anything original for like 10 years now, they keep pumping out the same crap over and over. How many mario games have their been? or zelda games?

for playstation, i owend a ps2 but i never really liked it, never been a ps fan, the high price of the ps3 is a major deterent

other then that the only other electronic thing i touch is my pc. i dont even use my xbox anymore
frostsbyte
I live here
I live here

Post by frostsbyte » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:57 am

For a Console I think the PS2 was really good, their still making games for it and it's selling good to this date.

I'm not crazy about Xbox because of the Online Pay to Play, PS3 is free online.
Plus the xbox has the ring of death, WTF, why would I buy a console thats going to end up dying on me.

I own a
Dreamcast
GameCube
PS2
PS3

But the ultimate for me will always be the PC.

I think it's always about the games, more then the system, some games on the SNES are better then crap they produce today, I'll go for the game before I go for some stupid graphics.