Battlefield 3

talk about PC games and gaming
Al_Keda
Active poster
Active poster

Post by Al_Keda » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Bamberger wrote:i think the pre order bonus is just stupid why do the peopel who dont pre order get a handicap? this is just the start of things game companys are gonna try to pull and i think its BS and needs to be stopped
I don't know. The purpose of publishing games is to make money. Pre-orders keep people employed. I kind of like the idea of getting a bonus that costs them nothing for shelling out cash early.
Pyra_cantha
I live here
I live here

Post by Pyra_cantha » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Pre-ordering makes sure you get the game on release day instead of having to wait for it to be restocked. I really don't see the downside and how it is a handicap. If people have enough energy to bitch about others having the shit they get for free when they pre-order, then they should of had the energy to get off their asses and pre-order. Otherwise they shouldn't bitch about it. It's their own fault they didn't pre-order.
Rubius
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Rubius » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Pre-orders are terrible for the players, and great for publishers.

Once a company like EA has enough of your money for a product in development, quality control goes down the drain. Why SHOULD they care? You're buying the game either way, so they might as well cut costs and boost their bottom line.

I never pre-order for this reason. I also prefer to wait after launch to buy a game, based on reviews of how stable it is.
Pyra_cantha wrote:Pre-ordering makes sure you get the game on release day instead of having to wait for it to be restocked.
Yes, because we all know popular games like BF3 and Black Ops are produced in limited stock. Better make sure to pre-order and wait in line otherwise you could be shelling out $500 for a copy of BF3 on eBay!
Pyra_cantha
I live here
I live here

Post by Pyra_cantha » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:31 pm

Rubius wrote:
Pyra_cantha wrote:Pre-ordering makes sure you get the game on release day instead of having to wait for it to be restocked.
Yes, because we all know popular games like BF3 and Black Ops are produced in limited stock. Better make sure to pre-order and wait in line otherwise you could be shelling out $500 for a copy of BF3 on eBay!
I didn't know they have an unlimited stock of games in the back of stores.

\palmface

And you can have it mailed to your door on release day if you order online.
Kanipimp
Uber-poster
Uber-poster

Post by Kanipimp » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:33 am

[youtube width=400 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLCFQyqE ... dded#at=27[/youtube]

Console debut. Doesn't have the same lighting and texture qualities of PC but still looks pretty good.
rayman_man
Veteran (CFCWO)
Veteran (CFCWO)

Post by rayman_man » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:09 am

Oh boy. Its been a long time since I have played. but I may just have to buy this game on pc, instead of ps3.
Pyra_cantha
I live here
I live here

Post by Pyra_cantha » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:00 pm

ray, you have bc2 for ps3?
SelousScouts
I live here
I live here

Post by SelousScouts » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:40 am

Spartuz send this link to me yesterday and I believe it is worth sharing.

EA Snubbing Steam for Battlefield 3 Launch?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/235383/e ... aunch.html

In my case as a Steam client I have issues with this as at this stage I don't plan to pre-order BF3 if it is not available at Steam and I don't intend to run two game DLC platforms. This unfortunately might delay my acquisition of BF3.
Canuck_2099
Insomniac poster
Insomniac poster

Post by Canuck_2099 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:20 am

SelousScouts wrote:In my case as a Steam client I have issues with this as at this stage I don't plan to pre-order BF3 if it is not available at Steam and I don't intend to run two game DLC platforms. This unfortunately might delay my acquisition of BF3.
I am the same. I'm stubborn that way and if the conditions of me playing BF3 are not to my liking (like for COD and it's server issues), I simply won't buy the game. There's LOTS of other games out there for me to play and enjoy.

But as I said above... I'll wait and see come the Fall.

Cheers!
Non-Commital_Canuck :)
Adro
Uber-poster
Uber-poster

Post by Adro » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Well what I am considering is just buying the game from a retail outlet or amazon, but getting the limited edition is essential since I do want all the maps included. So worth it. I don't care about EA's Origin but if in the future it turns out to be better than Steam (highly doubtful) then I would switch but as it stands Steam is the only game client I need and want.
SelousScouts
I live here
I live here

Post by SelousScouts » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:22 am

Another article from Spartuz...it seems that this issue between the two companies is going to last a little longer than I originally thought.

Battlefield 3 Won't Be Available On Steam Because EA Is Jealous Of Valve

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Battle ... 33552.html

Certainly EA did a lot of analysis and it will pay off for them to get the full distribution $ even with the potential short in sales volume without Valve.

Now I have to figure out an alternative route.
Adro
Uber-poster
Uber-poster

Post by Adro » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Ugh I hate the internet comments on that site so ridiculously ignorant! They better change it, they will lose a hell of a lot of sales initially because of this blatantly silly act. I can't believe with all their resources they (EA) seem to not understand that it stands to benefit them more to release on a huge client instead of trying to put ppl into their own environment. Especially when Steam offers titles from so many different publishers; its mind numbing just to think about how many great main stream games there are on there not to mention indie titles that blow a hole through a majority of the shittier big titles. Nobody wants your shitty client EA, which offers maybe two or three games (ME3, BF3, and maybe dragon age 2) that I would every purchase on there EVER unless that is you bring back NHL12 to PC =D then I'd reconsider.
Adro
Uber-poster
Uber-poster

Post by Adro » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Closed Alpha gameplay

[youtube width=400 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfeOoEDY ... ideo_title[/youtube]

Disclaimer: The poor quality is probably due to the video capture software the user had. And this also looks a lot like MOH which was terrible from what I read... Everywhere. It seems kind of choppy again capture software, also seems kinda clunky game mechanics not sure though. Maybe we might be blessed with a few more videos who knows? Anyways enjoy! =D
Canadaka
Founder
Founder

Post by Canadaka » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:31 pm

I was just going to post that! :P
Goatbeard
XO
XO

Post by Goatbeard » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:12 pm

can the google +1 be added to posts like that?