Making a change soon

Off topic, visitors welcome.
Rocketninja16
Uber-poster
Uber-poster

Making a change soon

Post by Rocketninja16 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:32 pm

I've been informed that my current position has been moved to another location. I had the option of moving with it, on their dime, and I've decided to take it, since the opportunity for future movement is there, and really, I wouldn't be able to earn what I do now by the time my severance ran out so, I'm moving.

We're going to be in the Orillia/Barrie Ontario area, looking possibly at Midland.

Anybody live around there? Can anyone recommend where to live, and where NOT to live?

We're a single income family so, Barrie itself will likely be out of the question but you never know.
Cysec
I like posting
I like posting

Post by Cysec » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:26 pm

Hey man, I live in Barrie, we should connect for coffee or something. Living in Barrie is definitely NOT cheap, Orillia is much cheaper.
Rocketninja16
Uber-poster
Uber-poster

Post by Rocketninja16 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:19 pm

Yeah for sure that would be great.

We ended up finding a place in Midland. Everything else was crazy expensive.
NewfieBullet
I live here
I live here

Post by NewfieBullet » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:11 am

I just spent 2 weeks in Ajax (TO) with my sister, Not sure how far that is but I remember the days when we used to go every summer and watch Tragically Hip in the big park just outside Barrie. My dad would drive us out from Ottawa and leave us at 14-18 years old. What fun we had.

Mud pits and lots of good pot :)
Cysec
I like posting
I like posting

Post by Cysec » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:01 am

Yeah, that area (formerly Molson Park) is now IN Barrie, and has been changed into a commercial plaza with a bestbuy etc.