help

Off topic, visitors welcome.
rex4x4
Active poster
Active poster

help

Post by rex4x4 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:47 pm

my buddy just put bf2142 in his comp ..... his comp is a p4 2.0 , 1gb ram , 256 vid card ....... its choppy as hell ... ???wtf . it more than meets the minimum requirements ... does anybody know whats going on ....... he wants to join the clan but not till his comp is smooth ..... can anybody help?
thanks
GAHS_SHANE
Veteran (CFCWO)
Veteran (CFCWO)

Post by GAHS_SHANE » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:51 pm

Rex its probably his vid card,, had to go to a 512m here,,, almost same system otherwise
SSJGotenks
Just passing through
Just passing through

Re: help

Post by SSJGotenks » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:07 pm

Ram... 1 gb of ram isn't too much... I'm running 3gbs of ram and its still not perfect on mine.

PS... Maybe a clean install.. may have viruses or spyware slowing down his system... Those can slow down the fastest computer.. What I did and it runs much nicer... for now....

rex4x4 wrote:my buddy just put bf2142 in his comp ..... his comp is a p4 2.0 , 1gb ram , 256 vid card ....... its choppy as hell ... ???wtf . it more than meets the minimum requirements ... does anybody know whats going on ....... he wants to join the clan but not till his comp is smooth ..... can anybody help?
thanks
rex4x4
Active poster
Active poster

Post by rex4x4 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:06 pm

everybody so far and after this .... thanks alot guys for the help and info.
TheAmega
XO
XO

Post by TheAmega » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:38 pm

Depending on his video card, I don't think it's the issue. I run 2142 on a 256MB Radeon x850 and I've got everything except AA maxed out and I don't drop below 20fps except on the titan in 64p maps. Of course I've got a P4 3.6ghz.

I'd say start with trying to remove malware/spyware/etc. I recomend Norton Antivirus and Lavasoft Adware personal. The latter is free. You can get it here
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Per ... l&tag=top5.
If that doesn't work try either a clean install of windows or get more ram. Then if that's a no go, upgrade CPU.
Then, ah hell, if it gets to this point he might as well have just bought a new pc. :wink:
TALLcool911
Veteran (CFCWO)
Veteran (CFCWO)

imo... real quick

Post by TALLcool911 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:11 pm

TheAmega wrote:.... with trying to remove malware/spyware/etc. I recomend Norton Antivirus and Lavasoft Adware personal. The latter is free. You can get it here
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Per ... l&tag=top5.
If that doesn't work try either a clean install ......:
just letting you know that norton is a huge f'ing pig that somehow lets shit slip by even tho its the "industry leader".... industry leader my ass

try Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security...... (google it) better, cheaper and less of a drag on the system, plus it has all the anti-bells and whistles so you wont need to dl free shit from elsewhere... it does it all.
i have it... got my sister to replace her norton with it and her puter's are running like a dream.... 3 year subscription for 3 seperate computers was about 130bucks via internet dl ... pretty good deal if ya ask me... mine was 49 bucks a year ago (retail) and 25 to renew via download for a year.
rex4x4
Active poster
Active poster

Post by rex4x4 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:15 pm

thanks alot everybody for the help ... ill be sure to pass it on .